The New Ronald McDonald House BC
Somewhere in British Columbia, right now, a family is struggling to come to terms with the news that their child has a life-threatening illness.
They need to leave for BC Children’s Hospital in Vancouver. Immediately. They have no place to stay in Vancouver, and can’t afford a hotel. Worse still, they know their child will need intensive treatment, possibly for a year. Or more. This is the heartbreaking reality that thousands of families with seriously ill children have to face every year.
The only hope for some? Ronald McDonald House®, British Columbia—a home-away-from-home for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families.
The current Ronald McDonald House® BC in Vancouver can accommodate just 13 families at a time. Unfortunately, we have to turn away dozens of families each month.
New House Features
Take a virtual tour of our new house by clicking here.
Your financial support of Ronald McDonald House® BC will provide these great features:
- Room for more families that need Ronald McDonald House BC - up to 73 families at a time instead of just 13
- Accommodation for the entire family in spacious private guestrooms, each with their own 5-piece bathroom for improved hygiene, and maybe the occasional bubble bath.
- Wholesome home-style meals in our four professionally equipped kitchens and tastefully decorated dining rooms.
- Fun and games for all ages. Whether on the playground, on the sports court, or playing the latest video or board game with a new friend, Ronald McDonald House BC believes in the healing power of play.
- A safe and secure experience for our guests form the time the family arrive until they are able to return home again.
- Arts & Crafts Studio, where artists can express themselves and aspiring musicians can keep up with their lessons or compose the next Top 40 hit in the music room.
- Teens Only Lounge, an adult-free zone where our guests who are too young to vote can hang out with friends and siblings.
- Secure Wi-Fi zones and computer stations throughout the House and grounds, makeing it easy to stay connected to friends, school or work.
- Indoor fitness centre, helping parents to stay active during their stay.
- All of these great amenities are only steps from BC Children’s Hospital.