There are many ways for you and your company to get involved at Ronald McDonald House BC.
- Become a House Volunteer. We are always looking for evening and weekend volunteers to manage the office, provide services to families, and of course, brighten the day for some very special children.
- Become an Event Volunteer. There are many opportunities for you to get involved in our fundraising initiatives, including two summer golf tournaments and our Ronald McDonald House BC Gala.
- Cook a Family Dinner. Bring your friends, family, or coworkers and prepare a home-cooked meal for our guests. Or, drop off some baked goodies as part of our new Breakfast Express program.
- Do Some Spring Cleaning. We welcome corporate, school, and community groups for House cleanup and gardening projects.
- Get Creative. Do you have an idea for a fun House activity? Past activities have included arts and crafts, music, storytelling, yoga, and spa nights. If you have a talent to share with the House, we would love to hear from you!
We are currently not accepting applications for new volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering and would like to be notified when we start recruiting for the new house, please email email@example.com with “Volunteer Interest” in the subject line. Thank you.
Volunteers are truly the backbone of Ronald McDonald House BC (RMH BC). Without the support of these individuals RMH BC would not be possible. Volunteers support the families in many ways. They act as society members, board members, committee members, house volunteers and even gardeners - just about any role you can imagine is helpful.
Over the past five years, Reid and Diane Adkins have proven to be very special volunteers at Ronald McDonald House BC. They are committed to bringing joy to the House by planning a variety of fun family activities. During the holidays, Diane comes to the House to decorate cookies with the children and help them celebrate the season even while they are far from home.
Diane and Reid have also thrown five Mini House Galas for the children and families who were not able to attend our annual RMH BC Galas. All of these amazing evenings took place at the Westin Bayshore where families were treated to a gourmet meal and entertained by a clown and a magician.
Themes for past family Galas have included formal dress and Halloween, so children and parents could show up wearing their scariest and craziest costumes. More recently, these Galas have taken place during the summer, allowing families to experience the beauty of Vancouver’s waterfront.
Reid and Diane Adkins, their hearts filled with kindness and generosity, are wonderful examples of the type of dedicated volunteers that are associated with Ronald McDonald House BC. Our volunteers' time and talents are a gift to the families and children staying at RMH BC. The House appreciates and thanks all our volunteers, no matter what their role.