Staying at the House
Ronald McDonald House BC is located in Vancouver at 4116 Angus Drive at the intersection of Angus Drive and West King Edward Avenue. The House is three blocks west of Granville and 25th Street – only a five-minute drive from BC Children's Hospital.
What's it Like?
There is enough space to accommodate 13 families at one time and even enable them to prepare their own meals. The House provides towels and bedding, fresh baked goods and laundry supplies, making it possible for families to focus on their number one priority – their sick child. Two House vans are available for use by all families, which is handy when a trip to the nearby shopping mall is necessary. Keeping in touch with friends and family is no problem as local calls from the House are free and long distance phone cards can be purchased at the office.
There are also many activities families can enjoy to take their minds off obviously stressful elements of their stay – activities including crafts, music therapy and story telling. Some evenings, members of the community host dinners for everyone staying at the House to give them a break from preparing meals. Other evenings, there may be special, surprise visitors who pop by. This warm and compassionate environment is available for a nominal contribution of $12 per family per night. No one is ever turned away due to inability to pay.
House Amenities List
- Fully equipped communal kitchen
- TV sitting areas
- Quiet room
- Library which offers a quiet space to sit, read, talk or use a computer
- 3 sets of washer dryers for family use
- 4 phones (long distance phone cards available)
- Family computer with internet access and wireless internet access throughout the house
- 13 bedrooms (linens and towels supplied)
- 9 shared washrooms
- Spacious, comfortable garden with children’s playhouse
- Children's playroom, games room
- Wheelchair accessibility as well as passenger elevator connecting three levels