Volunteers play a vital role in supporting Ronald McDonald House BC, and there are many ways for individuals and groups to get involved.
Individual Volunteer Opportunities
The role of the Ronald McDonald House BC Volunteer:
• Ensure a warm, welcoming, inclusive and safe environment for children and their families
• Uphold the mission and values of RMH BC
• Be part of a team that sends a consistent message of caring and warmth
• Maintain respectful boundaries with families and staff
• Support the activities and events that enrich the experience of families in the House
• Be an excellent representative of Ronald McDonald House BC and its affiliated programs
• All volunteers must be 19 years of age
• Commitment to a regular shift - either weekly or bi-weekly (depending on volunteer position)
• Ability to communicate in a positive, polite and respectful manner
• Ability and initiative to perform duties under minimal supervision
• Pass a background check including a criminal record check
• Annual Flu shot ( Family Room Volunteers only)
All interested volunteers are required to attend an information meeting prior to filling out an application. All meetings are held at Ronald McDonald House in Vancouver.
2015 information sessions are now open for registration! Sign up today.
House volunteers are a welcoming presence for families and guests; they support staff and ensure the smooth running of activities that enrich the experience in the house.
We are now recruiting for the following volunteer positions:
- Host of the House
- Craft Room Host
- Teen Room Host
- Recycling Team
Family Room Volunteers (at Surrey Memorial Hospital):
Family Room volunteers are a welcoming presence for families and guests. We are now recruiting for the following volunteer position:
There are many opportunities for you to get involved in our fundraising initiatives, including two summer golf tournaments, the Amazing Journey, and our Ronald McDonald House BC Gala.
Learn more about volunteering for our events and how to apply.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Family Meal Program:
Bringing families and community together to enrich the experience of togetherness in the House
Bring your coworkers, friends, or family and prepare a home-cooked meal for our families! Cook in one kitchen for 50 people or for the whole House. We have many different opportunities for different sizes of groups. Find out more details on our Information Sheet.
Check our Calendar for available dates and then complete and submit a Booking Form.
Lend a Hand:
We welcome corporate, school, and community groups for House cleanup and gardening projects.
Do you have an idea for a fun House activity? Past activities have included arts and crafts, music, storytelling, yoga, and spa nights. If you have a talent to share with the House, we would love to hear from you!
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in any of our group opportunities.